Sunday, August 16, 2009

Relaxing Weekend

This weekend was great! Friday was the kick-off night for Restaurant Week. Two friends & I went to Central 214 for cocktail hour & dinner (the restaurant inside Hotel Palomar). It was so delicious. For my main entree I ordered scallops. They were TO DIE FOR!! I loved them so much I decided to make them today for lunch.
  • In a medium size skillet heat 2TB EVOO over medium-high heat
  • Dry off sea scallops (set on paper towel) before putting into skillet
  • Using tongs gently place sea scallops into skillet
  • Sprinkle sea salt & pepper on each, don't touch or move
  • Heat for 3 minutes on each side
  • ENJOY!

I served mine with edamame. Mike & I might have a new favorite! Depending on size, 2-3 scallops/person was perfect!


Yesterday I went to Razzoo's and then to see the movie Time Traveler's Wife with friends. It was great fun! After that I went to visit my bff & her sweet baby, Kendall. We colored in Kendall's new coloring book and scattered all 64-count crayons on the floor then picked them all up! :)
Today I made my niece's birthday card that I'll be sending out with her gifts tomorrow. I wish I could be with her on her 1st birthday BUT I will definitely see her at CHRISTMAS! I can't wait!!!!

4 comments:

Michelle Andaya said...

Hi Erika. Been a while. Will definitely try those scallops and what a cute card!

Amy L said...

I can't believe it has been a year already!

jacque4u2c said...

This is great!!!! I really love the colors!!!!

Rachel said...

I've always been kind of scared to cook scallops... people seem to mess them up frequently on "Hells Kitchen".
But these sound very easy to do - I will have to give them a try!