Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Creative Side??

My neighbor & I decided to take a one day oil painting class. I have never painted ANYthing before and I was more just going for the fun of it. It was a 3 hour class held at the local HS. An older guy was the 'art teacher' and he walked us through the painting step-by-step. It was so fun. He was the sweetest guy and would walk around helping everybody (especially us, since we had no clue what we were doing). He holds the classes once a month and it's $40 each class. He supplies the canvas, brushes, paints and most importantly...the instructions. Here is my final painting. I was pretty impressed with myself! The picture didn't come out very clear but if you look closely it's a painting of a waterfall in the distance with a rainbow to the left of it. The long stream of water (with stones at the bottom). There are tress in the far distance and up close trees too...even one tilted in front of the waterfall. I look forward to attending his class again and learning the different techniques of oil painting...I might have found a new hobby?!? :o)


4 comments:

TERS! said...

HELLO THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job 1st timer!!! Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, your first time? It is gorgeous!

Mochamama said...

Yeah I think you are a little past amateur! It looks great and sounds like a blast.

Rachel said...

Just stopping by to say hello!

Where are these art classes at? Sounds like fun!!

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!