Ahhhh, what a truly AMAZING vacation!!! We had soooo much fun on our trip to San Francisco/Napa Valley. We are already planning our next trip out there! We learned so so much, drank delicious wine, ate wonderful food, had a great time with family and relaxed a lot!!! Unless I write a novel, I wouldn't be able to give all of the details...here are the highlights and most of the wineries we visited....

We stayed at a cute Bed & Breakfast called La Residence--the property was huge with many houses... this was the house we stayed in.
Nestled in the heart of Napa Valley, La Residence is a tranquil, luxury inn set on two acres of lush gardens, beautiful vineyards, towering heritage oaks and redwoods, and peaceful fountains. (If you can't tell...I copied that from the website.)

Napa Valley
Cakebread Cellars--delicious Chardonnay!!

Chateau Montelena--Have you seen the movie Bottle Shock?!? It was based on a true story and THIS was the place where part of it was filmed and where (partially) Napa became famous...in 1976

Mike & I at Chateau Montelena

Opus One...AMAZING view from the rooftop deck!!! Cabernet is to die for! $30/glass. GULP!!

Inside Opus One

The entrance to Opus...it was a bit overcast. :(

Mike & me :)

Sterling Vineyards--this is the cable car that you take to the top of their property. The view is jaw-dropping! Wine not so good but amazing customer service and wonderful property!!

My mom & step dad at Sterling

Mike & I at Sterling Vineyards

Lunch on the patio at Auberg du Soleil--SOOOO amazing! Highly recommended!
We visited 10 wineries in total and loved every minute of our vacation. It was great to get away...now I'm just awaiting the arrival of all our wine shipments!!
2 comments:
glad you had a great time! Looks like the weather cooperated too!
We have a bottle of Opus One we plan to drink with SIL and her hubby in a few weeks. We've had it for like 6 years so it needs to be drank soon! I don't drink wine either. It was a gift.
I LOVED the gondola @ Sterling! Did you go to Coppola? VERY cool with some awesome cars and stuff upstairs!
It looks like you guys had a wonderful time!
Post a Comment