Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Welcome!

So I decided to start this blog thing up to document and journal my daily life. Sounds kinda boring but alot of my scrapbook friends have one and often post their new layouts. I just finished my first LO for my Alaska scrapbook I'm working on.
I have a friend that is a Creative Memories consultant and she gave me the idea about a year ago. I went to happy hour with her and she had lots of fun stuff to show me in the scrapbooking world! It was kinda overwhelming at first but it looked like a fun hobby. Of course I had to buy lots of useless stuff that I put in my guest bedroom shelf to collect dust. BUT...now that I returned from my amazing crusie vacation in Alsaka I decided to put it to use! So, we'll see how this goes...
I'm also working on adding some new touches to our house. Even though it's only 2 years old I want to paint the entry hallway, living room, kitchen and the master bedroom. It dosen't seem like that much but we had Mr. Handyman of Rockwall come out to give us an estimate and he said it would be just about $1,500!!! Really?!? Just to put some paint on the wall?! We had to pay $40 for the estimate so maybe that was a bad sign to begin with! I have another guy coming from Home Depot service on Wednesday (I'm working 1/2 day, YAY!) to give me a FREE estimate...so hopefully this will work out better! I'll keep you posted.
I also want to buy new chandelers, add some landscaping and add crown molding in the same areas that we want paint. But that same Mr. Handyman of Rockwall said that because we have slanted celings in our kitchen and our bedroom that they are not able to do it. Period. I was like...REALLY?!?! So, even though we paid them $40...I'm so over them!

Ta-Ta for now!

No comments: