Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Success!


Well I was super nervous coming into this weekend. It's a pretty long story but in the end I hosted a DUAL bridal & baby shower at my house (for 2 different girls). Mike helped me decorate the house on Friday night after I ran around all night (after work, of course) getting last minute prizes, decor and food from Central Market. This was the first shower at my house and other than a couple Christmas parties and maybe one football watching party--this was going to be the largest amount of people in my house at one time! YIKES!
I...(I mean Mike) rearranged all of the furniture and added a few chairs to allow all 14 people + me to have a seat in the living room! Amazing huh!?
Saturday morning came and I was running around Rockwall picking up cupcakes and a few things I forgot from the store the night before (never fails)! Well, that's when the rain poured down from the skies...sideways! We started to get all of the downpours from Hurricane Ike. I was nervous that nobody would show up but then again these are mostly my Bunco friends and they all live in my neighborhood...so they have no exucse! Ha!
Anyhow, slowly but sure (WET) they all showed up but one!! With a total of 13 + me! Not too shabby!! The food was great! Thanks to my friend Amy for the meatball recipe, my sis, Jodi for the punch recipe, and of course Zanata's on the Square--they donated the sandwhich tray since the pregnant girl is best friends with the owner! SCORE for me!!
I had my camera but how come there is always somebody with a $2,000 camera that thinks they are a professional?!? O well, I let her take all of the pictures and hopefully she sends them out, FAST!
The games went great, presents too a bit long (since there were 2 people opening) and everybody left by 5:30pm!! It started at 2--I didn't think they would stay long...no biggie!
Then Mike came home from the rainy day (poor Mike--he was kicked out of the house all day in the rain!). He came home to tell me he was out looking for land...like new land to build a house on! Yeah, I was confused too! He wants to build a new house ON the lake. I have no objections but I'm not sure where he will get the money for the $300k peice of LAND (does not come with a house)!! haha! He'll keep dreamin...
Today my mom and I went to lunch at Firewheel and went to see The Women...it was pretty good. I love going to movies & lunch with my mom. Heck, I just love my mom, period!!

On the sad note...my brother passed away on this day, 11 years ago. He is in a happier place and I can't wait to see him again! Until then...

Cheers!
Erika

2 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

Hi Erika!! Thanks for leaving me a comment I had lost your link and was thinking about you a couple of weeks ago wondering how you were getting on. Not much crafting I see but you have been busy in VEGAS!! You lucky thing!!

I can't believe you taught yourself to do Diaper Cakes!! How cool is that they look absolutely gorgeous!! Next you need to make hand made gift tags to go on them!! (thats an order by the way....I am notoriously bossy!!)LOL!!
I too went to see Mamm Mia with my Mum!! It was a blast so I went again with my 5 year old!!
Take Care xxx

TERS! said...

hey Erika... came across your blog on Jamie's site... too cool. You are so creative and talented, I love the card you made Amy for the shower!