Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Letter Art

My sweet, dear, wonderful friend's SIL took the gorgeous photographs of "letters" to make up my last name. I'm still in a forever long search for the perfect frames. I've checked Garden Ridge, Aaron's Brothers, Bed Bath & Beyond, e-bay & Hobby Lobby...I can't seem to find the perfect look. I totally have the idea in my head but I'm not sure it exists. Each letter is a separate 8x10. I'm really tempted to get a custom frame made at Michael's--they always have 40% off framing. We'll see...

Check out Linda's amazing work. If you can't tell...my last name is 'Atkins'. I plan on hanging the final piece above our fireplace mantle or our TV in the living room. I LOVE IT!!!






7 comments:

Mochamama said...

I love it! Does she do this as a business? I would love to have one done of our last name. When Chad and I were in Tennessee we went to this neat shop that had the words, grace, peace, mercy, done in a simliar style.

Mimi

TERS! said...

Linda would definitely do this for whomever wanted it... just let me know your email and I will connect you with her.

Teri

Nikki Love said...

I LOVE this!!! so creative and eye catching! it's gonna look great in your home :)

Brandi said...

Erika,
This is amazing! I want one to! He He! I would put it where ever you hang out the most because it is beautiful!
Brandi

Mochamama said...

How's your week going? Any plans for the weekend?

Rachel said...

Wow!!! That is so cool!!!
I've seen similar done - in smaller 5 x 7 size at a local shop, and I've wanted to get one myself! At the shop, they just have theirs in basic frames, like the ones you can find at Ikea. Not sure what type of look you're going for, but you might check there too. And Target.

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It is always saddening to hear when such young people pass away.

Mochamama said...

My email is mimiloco1221@yahoo.com. I'd love to get connected with her to make me a set. Thanks TERS!