Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, My LOVE!!!

Saturday was Michael's 35th birthday! I planned an all-day date that kept us very busy. I kept the whole thing a secret and he was very surprised at each destination. Here we go...

1st we headed to tour Southfork Ranch, where they taped the show "Dallas" many years ago. Mike loved this show and has basically seen every episode. I've never seen it but the tour was still great fun.


Southfork!!!


the table they would sit at...just like this (Mike says)
one person on each end??


license plate of the car from the show


we stopped for a beer & snack in the middle of our tour


back of the mansion



Next we headed back to Rockwall to San Martino Winery. We have been talking about going to this winery for a few years now and never got around to it...this was the perfect time! We enjoyed their wine-tasting and relaxed outside while sipping on great wine. We bought a bottle and plan on going back with friends!!







From the winery we came home to pick up a bottle of wine and then went to get chocolate from...


Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory! mmm!

We took the chocolate & wine on board as we set sail on Seawolf. We went on a Sunset Sail on Lake Ray Hubbard on a huge sail boat that seats 50 people. You are able to bring you own wine/beer/beverages & any food you would like. It was so fun & romantic! The tradition on the Seawolf is when the sun touches the land in the sunset everybody claps and cheers for another glorious day. We had a blast!







Last we went to Blue Canyon for dinner! MMMM. (If you have a BC near you...they offer a FREE meal on your birthday if you sign up on their mailing list thingy). So that was a quick & easy $28 bucks OFF the total bill! I love coupons! :o)



It was definitely a busy Saturday for us so Sunday & Monday we spent relaxing. We had Mike's parents over for dinner last night and today I got a 90-minute massage!! It was soooo amazing! Now I'm headed to watch...you guessed it...THE BACHELORETTE!!! Hope y'all had a great long weekend too!! God Bless America, I'm so thankful for our Freedom on this wonderful Memorial Day and I pray for all of the past, present & future troops!!!

3 comments:

Mochamama said...

Hi there! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I've missed chatting with you and am glad things are going well. I'm so thankful summer has come to Wisconsin and welcome the warm weather. What kind of wine did you get at the Winery? Talk to you soon. Mimi

Vickie said...

Wow you guys looked liked you had a great time. I went to SF when I was a kid and thought it was so cool.

vickie

Rachel said...

Wow! You guys had a fun packed day!!!
I went to Southfork once... it was smaller than I expected! LOL! But I can say I've been there.
When the show used to come on (and I was really young - think the early days of the show) I would hop up and dance around to the theme song like a little Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Yep. Dorky kid.