Sooo, now that I learned a new technique, I put it to use. I made my Mothers Day cards today! This first one is for my mom. The flower to the right is my first stitching attempt! She'll be so proud of me! hehe.

This next picture below is the inside of the card. You can't really see it but I have embellished each flower with glitter to the center. I have not written my mushy note in there yet, I still have time. :o)

This next card is for my step-mom. I don't like this card as much as the first...although it does look better in person. (The tag is actually purple IRL.)

I still have 2 more Mothers Day cards to make; one for my mother-in-law and another for my step-mother-in-law. I'm still brainstorming on theirs...

10 comments:
Erika,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love the stitching on the card. I will definately have to try that. I noticed that you are from Texas. I absoulutely love the Dallas area. Although I live in New York I am originally from the South. At one point I lived in Grand Prarie, Texas. There is so much to do there and the weather is perfect! My favorite thing was to go to Six Flags and the galleria mall!
Brandi
Your Mom is going to be thrilled! I just love this card. The stitching just rocks!
those are awesome dear... and just so you know, I can't stitch a darn thing, Kel has to hem or fix my buttons if needed... hehehe!
How thoughtful Erika! Here's to all the sweet and caring mothers of the world deserving of equally sweet and loving daughters!
I'm sure they will all love 'em cards!
Whoo-hoo Erika!!!! You learned how to stitch and you did an awesome job on your first card!! Your mom is going to love this card!
hugs, Karen Lee
I am in love with my crockpot!! LOL I don't usually use it when I'm going to be gone all day, but I do leave it for a few hours at a time & my house is still standing :)
I love the stitching on the cards. I haven't tried stitching before because I don't know if I have the patience, but I'm thinking about trying it on some scrapbook pages!!!
Erika,
I left you an award on my blog. Go over and check it out!
Brandi
Erika first off I want to Thank you for always leaving very sweet comments on my Blog I love it!
Ok that card is awesome you did a great job. Your mother I am sure will love it.
I hope you have a great weekend
Vickie
How cool!!!
You always make the cutest cards - I'm sure they'll be a hit!
The wine festival looks really cool... I haven't heard of that one before! Of course, we're not as big into wine as you guys are, but we do enjoy it. We're thinking of going to Grapefest later this year. Chris has been before and really thought it was fun.
Lovelyl cards, I love the stitching, that really is my thing at the moment, such fun. Kim
Post a Comment