Monday, March 8, 2010

Savor Dallas



This weekend Mike & I (and my great friend, Lynda) volunteered at Savor Dallas. The event was spectacular this year!!! We worked the Wine Seminars in the afternoon. It was pretty simple--although we had to dress in a white button down & black pants--so we were 'bossed' around a bit more than I was comfortable with. :) We were able to participate in the seminars too, so that was nice. The 1st one was about 'Blending Wine'. We were able to blend our own wine and compare it to the winemakers blend. Of course, nothing compared to his delicious wine. It was a super fun experience. The 2nd one was wine & chocolate pairing. That speaks for itself...it was SO good!
As a wonderful surprise, we were each given a ticket to the Grand Tasting from 7-10pm that night. The tickets were $175/pp so I was SO very thankful for the freeeee tickets since I couldn't justify spending that much! It was a formal event so I was glad I brought extra clothes and that Mike was wearing a suit. We were able to taste the signature food from the best restaurants throughout North Texas AND taste over 400 different wines/liquors/beers! Of course, we didn't taste ALL 400...but we definitely had our fair share!
Overall, it was super duper fun...and put me in the mood to host a wine party at my house! BUT I don't want to pour wine all night...so I'm tempted to hire somebody so I can enjoy the fun too!! We'll see....Cheers!

No comments: