Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy happy Easter!!!

We had such a wonderful Easter weekend!!!

Since the weather is beautiful outside we've been going out on neighborhood walks every night. That was the first thing we did after work on Friday, it was nice to wind down from a crazy work week for Mike! While we were out our neighbors stopped us to invite us out for barbecue at our local FAVORITE spot, Big Daddys! We couldn't decline, of course! Dinner was delish and it was fun to hang out with our friends!
Saturday was non-stop for me! I volunteered at our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt & Festival. I was in charge of the 0-3 year olds for the egg hunt and also the ice cream freezer for EVERYbody! It was absolutely nuts! I figured 'Sure...I'll had out Popsicles...no biggie!!!" Boy, was I wrong. I didn't realize there was a MENU of free ice cream for everybody. We had everything... drumsticks, jolly rancher pops, moo bars, crunch bars, fudge-cicles, ice cream sandwiches, tropical Popsicles....I was basically like the ice cream truck lady minus the truck!!! The line was super long so luckily I was able to recruit some friends to help me out! Anyway, no complaints from the customers...who can complain when you get free ice cream!!! :)
I was also in charge of 'hiding' all of the eggs for the youngsters. We had over 4,000 eggs and we broke down the areas of the park into various age groups. It was pretty smooth. We had a DJ, 4 HUGE bounces, balloon lady, clown, popcorn stand, bottled water stand, ice cream stand (ME), and lots of kid music. I won't lie, I'm pretty sure I sang along to Miley Cyrus & Hansen! haha!
From there I rushed home at 4pm to change clothes and speed over to Valley Ranch for a Easter Dinner party that my friend, Lynda, hosted. She did a fabulous job!!! We didn't expect anything less because she is a FOODIE! She's an UH-MA-ZING cook and she sure showed off for us for the party! There was 15 of us and she had a beautiful set up outside. The weather honestly couldn't have been better!!! So perfect!! I offered to bring some munchies and this is what I brought...

Deviled Eggs with Hummus instead of Mayo!! They were SO delish! I'm a huge hummus lover so it was right up my alley! (here's the recipe!)


Fresh mozzarella & tomatoes (marinated in olive oil, salt & pepper). These were a big hit too! Perfect size and easy finger food for the outdoors!! (here's the website!)

Today Mike & I went to the early service at church and once again were amazed how awesome our church is! To say the least, it was a superb Easter service. After church we went to breakfast in downtown Rockwall. It was yummmmmy. We came home to rest for a bit then went to Plano for Easter dinner with my mom, step dad & step brother. It was great to spend time with family and just relax. Came home...went on a walk...and now I'm here drinking a glass of wine!

That's what I call a wonderful Easter weekend! Hope you had a great one too because Jesus died for ME and YOU!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for you comment girl! Sorry about your brother also. Knowing we have guardian angels up there is a big comfort! Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. I'm going to get my Easter post up later today.

Ps...those eggs looks D-E-L-I-S-S!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

Wow what a busy weekend. I'm glad you had a good Easter though.

Brandi said...

Hey girl! Sounds like you had a bussssssy weekend! I went to Connecticut to visit the in-laws and dyed Disney Princess Easter eggs with my niece! Good Times!
Brandi