This weekend we went to Northpark Mall and went shopping using our Christmas gift cards. It was great! We also went to see the movie Seven Pounds. I thought it moved pretty slow but it was a good movie. I cried as usual. :o) We went to Maggiano's last night for dinner, since we were already down there. It was deslih! FYI, their eggplant parm. is OH-SO-GOOD! I have about 2 meals of leftovers but it was sooo yummy! We've also found time to watch about 8 episodes of Grey's Anatomy. We are a few seasons into it and we totally love it!
A FEW RANDOM THINGS I stumbled upon this weekend....

Here is a SMALL portion of my husband's hobby. These are all of the bottles that are for a special occasion. He has them all tagged, sorted and he even has an inventory log for the many wine racks throughout the house!

This is my new center-piece for our kitchen table. I bought the super-duper big wine glasses at Michael's Craft Store and filled them with all of the wine corks Mike & I have saved that we have consumed together! Lots of memories!! On the corks that we had at a special occasion we wrote the date & name of the event. It's fun to sift through to see the fun times we've had!!
Did you know I collect art!?! :o) This is our favorite artist Michael Godard. He has a store in Willow Bend called "Oh My Godard". His work is phenomenal! Over the past 4 years Mike & I have collected 4 amazing paintings, one coffee table book and a small strawberry statue. We love it all and have our eyes on a few more pieces!! We hope to one day have a display room with the right lighting to show them off!

Michael Godard--totally not my type but totally Hot if you ask me!! :o)
Here are the pieces that we have displayed in our house...

"Party Like A Rockstar" we purchased this last week and we have the limited edition 51/500!! This piece is signed by Godard & Vince Neil from Motley Crue!
"Champagne Kiss" limited edition 181/250. Mike purchased this for me when we became engaged. This piece is signed by Godard in person. He wrote "Love is... Intoxicating" and then his name on the back. We actually incorporated this into our wedding. On all of the cocktail napkins at the bar we printed "Love is...Intoxicating". Nobody probably knew what it meant...but it was special to us! :o)

"Seven Deadly Zins"--this is an actual wine that we enjoy. The grapes symbolize in detail the 7 different "deadly sins" of the world. We purchased this in May along with "7 Heavenly Chards"

"Seven Heavenly Chards"--this is an actual wine that I LOVE! We bought this one & 7 Deadly Zins as a pair back in May. Love em! All of the grapes are symbols of everything on the label of the wine. He did this for Lodi Vineyards.

6 comments:
How awesome, you have all those "just between" you things... :) YUM Godard is HOT!! hehehe...
I think I have heard of Godard, not sure where though. Maybe I have received some of his work in e-mails. Oh well. Great hobby your hubby has with collecting wine and labeling what it's for, neat.
Thanks for sharing all those photo's! I must say Goddard is pretty hot, and thats coming from a gramma....hehehe!!
Those are awesome pieces of art! I love your new centerpiece. That is a cool idea to save all the corks and write the date on them.
I love the wine glasses! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Christmas and new years! :)
Yes I'm so excited it's done! I'm not feeling to hot today...i'm pretty sure I have the flu...so i'm home from work today in bed. MY in laws are watching the boys which is nice so I can rest. Well we've had our girl's name picked out since we became pregnant with Noah...get ready it's a long one... Isabella Mariana Grace. (Bella for short) Both of our boys have two middle names and we plan on giving our next two babies middle names as well. How are things going with you? Can you send some warm weather my way? We have another storm coming today and they say it could get to -40 this week. Yikes!
Post a Comment