Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Card & a sad story...

This is a card for a friend of mine that just graduated college in December. We are going to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate! YAY!! (I love this paper & the safety pin idea--I have used it quite a bit recently...OH, and can you tell I love polka dots!?!)




Oh yeah...I meant to mention this last week...

RIP It's A Grind!!!
January 5th was a sad day...5 days after I can FINALLY drink caffeine the coffee shop that is literally probably 11 steps from my desk CLOSED! Just like that...with no notice!! I meandered over there on Monday the 5th and the place was totally empty! I frequented that place I'd say about 3-4 times a week when I was drinking DECAF--imagine what my plans were for this year!?!? Anyways, onto the point of my story...for Christmas in my stocking Santa gave me a gift card to this coffee shop! I freaked out when I realized that I still had some hard earned cash left on the card. Sooo, I kindly emailed the corp. office of It's A Grind and explained the situation. Today in the mail...low & behold was a check for the balance on the card... $13.08! Sa-Weet!! :o) Little did Santa know that he was going to buy me a tank of gas for Christmas!
Well, the story has a good ending...but I'm still missing my coffee... :o( Good thing we have Starbucks across the street, ugh!

2 comments:

Mochamama said...

That's so sad about your coffee shop! That happened to me earlier this year. One of my favorite family owned shops closed and I loved their caramellos and cheese bagels! I still drive by it almost every day and hope another coffee shop will open there. I love the card you made. I've never seen the safety pin trick before and love it. I will have to try it sometime. Any fun plans for the weekend?

Kimberly said...

Well, at least you got your money back, unlike anyone that purchased any extended protection plans from Circuit city - lol

Cute card.