Sunday, October 19, 2008

This weekend...

This weekend was great! Friday night Mike and I went to Chili's for din-din and drinks.
Saturday I had to get up stupid early for the Race for the Cure 5k. It was fun! I went with my neighbor friend--Timarie, she is so fun. We took the train down to NorthPark Mall and the route for the walk was through the beautiful neighborhoods down in that area. I love the long, ranch-style houses down there. Everybody was out in front of their homes with coffee in hand...cheering the runners/walkers on for encouragement. Some even had fresh water tubs for the doggies that were "racing for the cure"! Cute!
After the race, Timarie and I went to see our friend (Karen) that had her sweet baby girl last Sunday. The baby's name is Fiona and she is SOOOO precious. We got the WHOLE scoop on the [all-natural] birth and asked probably way too many questions. But it was fun to have girl talk for a few hours while passing the baby around. :o)
Mike and I went to dinner with some friends to Silver Fox--it was pretty much DELISH. Kinda pricey--okay, really pricey...but it was really good. The same friends we went to dinner with took us to see the Canadian Brass Show. It was sooo amazing. I love dressing up and going to musical events like that! Musicals, symphonies, orchestras...Love it all but forgot the camera. Darn.

Today has been very relaxing--I cleaned out some drawers, ironed, laundry and rested. Mike is cooking dinner as I type. Baked chicken, green beans and wine. It smells so good. I'm so very thankful to have an amazingly wonderful husband.

1 comment:

Mochamama said...

Hi Erika! Hope you had a great Monday! No, I haven't posted any of my cards yet, but i'll be sure to let you know when I do. I have some awesome coffee stamps that I can't wait to use. What kind of wine do you like? I have recently started trying new wines and really enjoy branching out. My favorite are white desert wines although my newest favorite is a Serena (a red desert wine). What kind do you like? Take care!