Well, back to Thanksgiving dinner...there were about 18-20 people there. It was so fun! There was SO much food, I couldn't believe it!! We had mimosas and appetizers all morning then around 1:30 we switched to wine and turkey, stuffing, tons of casseroles, mashed potatoes-n-gravy, corn, rolls, then of course all of the desserts! It was sooo good, I was so stuffed! After we ate, the guys watched the Cowboy's game and the girls cleaned up dinner and chit-chatted all afternon--so typical.
Then around 4pm we headed back this way to Heath to have ANOTHER dinner at Mike's dad's house. There were 11 people there (his 2 step sisters, their sigificant others and children, us and his parents)...I was still stuffed from "lunch" but ended up trying a bit of everything :o) It was great, on the way home I had to add that after another wonderful day with his family--I'm very thankful for my In-Laws! :o)
Today my boss gave me the day off for FREE, without having to use a vacation day! It was great to sleep in, make breakfast and put up all of the Christmas decorations. Mike had to go into work for a few hours but it wasn't so bad. Here is the decor that I put together and did all by myself (other than the lights on the house, of course) while the Christmas music on Sirius was blaring throughout the whole house! I still need a new tree skirt...I'm going shopping with my neighbor tomorrow in search for one. Also, Mike thinks the lit tree in the lawn looks puney--haha--I kinda agree. This is the 1st year for it, I got it at Garden Ridge on a super sale last year after Christmas. We might end up getting rid of it...
the deer heads move back and forth--love em!

the angel's wings move slowly together and apart--she's my fave!

Silver and red tree that matches all of the silver and red wrapping paper! :o) Also, thanks to my friend Amy for making the tree-topper bow! Love it!

9 comments:
Glad u had such a great thanksgiving,loved reading about ur day!
Karen SB.com
oops meant to mention great pic's too
Sounds like an awesome Thanksgiving!! I ate way too much, as usual.
I like the tree in your front yard. It's cute! You did a great job decorating.
Kim SB.com
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Love the Christmas decorations! I love the ribbons on your tree.. they look so beautiful!
Absolutely Beautiful, dahling!!
Glad you had a stuffed Turkey Day!
Hi there! Yeah the picture of the boys hugging is one of my favorites! So i've been meaning to send you my Baked Mac and Cheese recipe and keep forgetting to, but have it in front of me now... :) Can you message me your email and I'll forward it to you. It might take up a lot of space as a comment. I love your tree!! Putting up all of the decorations makes me want to make sugar cookies.... Have a great rest of your Sunday.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love all your decorating!! I wish mine was done!!
ScrapperK from sb.com
Your decorations look great! Very pretty tree!
I LOVE YOUR TREE!!!! Your house looks gorgeous too!!
Post a Comment